Ask some questions. Even if you know you cannot solve the tech problem yourself, tech support (or even I) will need to know some basic things.
- What operating system do they use?
- What is their library card number?
- What book are they trying to listen to?
- Which browser do they use and what version is it?
- Ask them to read (or take a screen-shot) of their error message.
Basic troubleshooting advice:
- Make sure the book is still checked-out to them.
- Check to make sure the patron had not "used up" his/her three available downloads. (This is done via Content Reserve.) Reset the downloads, if necessary.
- Uninstall and reinstall OverDrive Media Console.
- If these first three steps do not work, send all available information to the support team. (Let me know if you need that address.)
If you are not aware of any of the skills or information posted here, please contact me. I'll be happy to provide the information or walk you through the steps!