Problem: Certain parts of a book are not downloading, but other parts were successfully downloaded. The parts that are not able to be downloaded are grayed out in the OMC.
Solution provided by the tech support team:
Please ask them to perform the following steps to remove the bad files of their Audiobook. Followed by the steps to clear their Temporary Internet Files and to re-download the files through OverDrive Media Console
To delete the possibly corrupt files, they can do so by following these steps.
- Go to your ‘[My] Documents’ folder.
- Navigate to \My Media\WMA Audiobooks\The Amulet of Samarkand…’\
- Delete the WMA files (if present) for the Parts that do not work.
To clear Temporary Internet Files in Internet Explorer, they can do so by following these steps:
- In Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options.
- On the 'General' tab, in the 'Temporary Internet Files' section, click the 'Delete Files' button.
- Check the 'Delete all offline content' checkbox.
- Click 'OK'.
Since some of the parts of the title downloaded, they should be able to continue the download of an audio title by using the ‘Download’ button within the OverDrive Media Console.