- Prior to downloading your first MP3 audiobook, you must install the OMC on your Mac.
- Click on the "Audio Software" link located at the bottom of the left sidebar.
- Download the OMC for Macs.
- The file should automatically extract and a new window should appear.
- Choose where you'd like to install the software (most likely on the primary hard drive).
- Finish the installation.
- You'll probably find the new OMC in your applications folder. Try this: Open a new Finder window >> Open Applications >> Open the OMC.
Now that the OMC has been successfully installed, you can download your first MP3 audiobook.
- Log into your account using your library card.
- Select a book and add it to your cart.
- Proceed to checkout.
- Read and agree to the terms of service.
- Confirm the checkout.
- Download the audiobook.
- Using Safari, the audiobook file is downloaded to the "Downloads" folder.
- Double-click on the audiobook file to open it though the OMC.
- The MP3 files are quite large and will take longer to download to your computer than the WMA files.
Connect your iPod to the Mac to transfer the files.
- Highlight the audiobook title in the OMC and click the "Transfer" button to send the file to your iPod.
- Open iTunes and find the files on your iPod.
- Change the genre to "Spoken Word" to enable the resume playback feature for these titles by selecting the titles, opening the "File" menu >> Get Info >> Change the genre to "Spoken Word."
[gallery link="file" columns="2"]