Here are instructions on updating a Sansa Clip. These instructions might be applicable to other Sansa devices.
- Download the Sansa Updater exe file.
- Run the exe file to install the application.
- The application looks like this:
- Plug in your device when prompted.
- Download the firmware update.
- You'll be prompted to unplug the device to complete the firmware update.
- If possible, leave your device alone for a while to allow the updates to take effect. (I was anxious to get started and found that I didn't see the necessary update for a few minutes -- or I simply missed it...)
Read more: Step 2 Enabling "resume playback" mode.
FYI: To find out if your Clip would benefit from a firmware update, check out the two threads concerning firmware updates on the Sansa Clip forum.