- There is no need to create an Audiobooks folder on your device; the firmware update has done this for you. (This was my first mistake.)
- Did you give the update some time to take effect? (Another mistake of mine...)
- Checkout and download a book to your computer like normal.
- Open OverDrive Media Console, if necessary.
- Select the desired audiobook.
- Plug in your player.
- Wait a minute to let Windows recognize your player.
- Click the transfer button.
- A dialog box will open showing the name of the audibook.
- Click "next."
- On the dialog box that shows the parts of the audiobook, click on the "Advanced Options..." button.
- You may be asked if you wish to create a new folder for the title. Click "no."
- A new "Advanced Options" dialog box loads. From this box, click on "Browse."
- Choose "Audiobooks" instead of "Music."
- Notice that the path in the Advanced Options dialog box has changed to "Audiobooks."
- Click "Ok."
- Click "Next" to start the transfer.
- The book will transfer as normal.
- You'll be prompted to unplug your player.
- Turn on your device.
- You'll find the audiobooks under: Music >> Audiobooks >> Title.
- When you return to a title that you'd previously listened to, you'll see a menu item "Resume Playback." Choose that option to continue with the audiobook.
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Sansa Clip: Resume Playback Feature
The firmware update to a Sansa Clip allows for a "resume playback" feature when audiobooks are transferred to the "Audiobooks" folder. Here are the instructions to add OverDrive audiobooks to the correct folder to enable this feature.