So the eBooks themselves are relatively small, but the software needed for eBook management and transfer can be too large for some dial up users. Here's what I recommend:
- Laptop/dial-up users should bring their laptop to a location with high speed Internet to download and install Adobe Digital Editions.
- Desktop computer users should bring a flash drive to the library and download the installation file for Adobe Digital Editions to that flash drive. At home, connect the flash drive and run the installation file to install Adobe Digital Editions.
- Here is a link to the Adobe help page that contains the installation file. Scroll down to "Manually Install ADE for Windows."
- You will need an Internet connection to finish the installation process and authorize their computer with your Adobe ID.
- An Adobe ID and an authorized computer is the only way to transfer the eBook to a reader or to return the eBook earlier than 14 days.