- After transferring an eBook to your Nook or Kobo, don't delete the eBook from Sony Reader Library. You'll need the file again when it's time to return it.
- Once you've finished reading the eBook, open Reader Library on your computer.
- From the "Library" view (so you can see the small book covers), right-click the book cover.
- Click on "Return Borrowed Item" from the options.
- Now log into the NHDB Website >> My Account >> My Currently Checked Out Items, the book should be gone! (Refresh the page, if necessary.)
When I tried to return an ebook early, I got an error message: "Early Return Error" (error 710)
There is a limit to the number of ebooks that can be returned early within a short period of time. The lock out time depends on how early and how many titles have been returned early in that short period of time. Patrons will have to wait a day or so for the lock out to end. They should still be able to check out Audiobooks.
My Advice: Don't checkout and return more than one eBook immediately. Wait a day or so before returning a second eBook.