Update (4.21.2015): If the newest version of the Adobe Digital Editions software (3.0) causes your eBooks to expire in 7 days (instead of 14 days), please uninstall the software and install the 2.x version of the software. Be sure to deauthorize and reauthorize the program with your Adobe ID.
- Steps to quickly de-authorize Adobe Digital Editions:
- On a PC: CTRL+Shift+D
- On a Mac: CMD+Shift+D
These instructions cover:
- The installation of Adobe Digital Editions 2.0 (Version 2.x is recommended over version 3.x.)
- Finding and borrowing an available Adobe EPUB eBook from the NHDB collection
- Downloading the EPUB eBook to the desktop/laptop computer
- Transferring the EPUB eBook to the device
- Returning the Adobe EPUB eBook to the collection early with Adobe Digital Editions 2.0
Download the handout in Word format.
Note that Nook Color and Nook Tablet devices are also compatible with the OverDrive Media Console mobile app. The app can be found in and installed from the Nook's app store. The app itself needs to be authorized with an Adobe ID -- even if the device is already authorized with an Adobe ID from being connected to Adobe Digital Editions.
The Nook HD and Nook HD+ are not compatible with Adobe Digital Editions and cannot be used to transfer books from the computer. All eBook transfers are done through the OverDrive Media Console mobile app.
Read MoreGetting to Know Your OverDrive Account
Installing the OverDrive Media Console Mobile App on a Nook Tablet
Borrowing an EPUB eBook with the OverDrive Media Console Mobile App