If you used the OverDrive Media Console mobile app...
- Find the title in the app's bookshelf..
- Tap on the three horizontal lines icon...
- The Settings menu will appear from the right of the screen. Tap the "Bookshelf."
- Long-tap the book cover image. It will "expand" a little.
- Tap the "Return" button -- not the delete button. (Note that the return button will only show up on actively checked out titles.
- Tap "Return" again.
- The title will disappear and will be removed from your account.
If you transferred the audiobook to your computer with the use of a UBS cable and iTunes -- and the audiobook is now located in your "Music >> More >> Audiobooks" or "Music >> Playlists" or "Music >> Artist..."
- Locate the audiobook and go to the point where you are able to view all of the parts.
- Swipe your finger from right to left on each part and delete.
You can also delete the audiobooks while the iPhone is connected to the computer.
- After connecting your device and allowing it to sync with iTunes...
- Find your device on the left sidebar of iTunes.
- Expand the device, if necessary, to show the folders within the iPhone. (Click on the small triangle to expand.)
- Your music could be in Audiobooks (if you've added metadata to your MP3 audiobooks), Music (if you didn't added metadata to the MP3 audiobooks), or Playlists (if you transferred a WMA audiobook to your iPhone).
- Find the parts of the audiobook on the computer screen and delete each.
Don't forget that you can also return the MP3 audiobooks from a Windows computer through the OverDrive Media Console program. (The Mac version of the software doesn't have this option.)
WMA audiobooks can never be returned to the collection early.