If you have an Android Tablet or Phone...
- You have many options for listening to audiobooks or reading eBooks.
- Every format of eBook and some of the MP3 audiobooks can *potentially* be used on Android devices.
- Adobe EPUB eBooks
- This format is read on the OverDrive Media Console app.
- Open EPUB eBooks
- Open these with the OMC app.
- Kindle Books
- Use the Kindle app.
- OverDrive READ eBooks
- Open the READ eBooks with Chrome.
- MP3 Audiobooks
- Compatible with the OMC app or by sideloading the audiobook from a computer.
- You must have a library card in good standing one of the 200 member New Hampshire Public Libraries.
- You need to know your card number and perhaps a library account PIN or prefix. Contact your local librarian for more information.
- The apps and formats have different requirements.
- If you already read on a Kindle app, consider starting with the Kindle Book format.
- If you want to see how easy it can be to read an eBook on your Android tablet, check out the OverDrive READ format.
- If you want to be able to read all of the eBooks in our collection (EPUB) or enjoy MP3 audiobooks on the go, download the OverDrive Media Console app.
- Consider downloading audiobooks to your Windows or Mac computer and sideloading the files to your device for a better listening experience. (I find that the OMC app jumps back to previous positions.)
Using Kindle Books with the Kindle app
Using the OverDrive Media Console for EPUB eBooks and MP3 Audiobooks
Enjoying the OverDrive READ format on an Android device
Using the OverDrive Media Console app with MP3 audiobooks (Needs updating) (Video - NEW!)
Returning eBooks and MP3 audiobooks early