If you have a Nook HD or Nook HD+...
- All of the eBooks are compatible with the Nook HD or HD+ devices when using a free app.
- Some of the audiobooks can be downloaded and listened to on a free app.
- Adobe EPUB eBooks
- By installing a free app (OverDrive Media Console) from the device's App Store, you will be able to download and read EPUB eBooks in the OMC app.
- OverDrive READ eBooks
- The OverDrive READ eBooks *should* work well on this tablet device.
- MP3 Audiobooks
- By installing a free app (OverDrive Media Console) from the device's App Store, you will be able to download and listen to MP3 audiobooks in the OMC app.
- You must have a library card in good standing from one of the 200 member New Hampshire Public Libraries.
- You need to know your card number and perhaps a library account PIN or prefix. Contact your local librarian for more information.
- You will need to install and use the OMC app. You will need to know how to install an app on your Nook HD or HD+. You'll also have to register for a free Adobe ID and authorize the app with that ID.
- No app or ID is required to use the OverDrive READ format in the device's browser.
- You will find the OverDrive Media Console app in the Google Play Store on your device. This is a free app, but requires authentication with a free Adobe ID before you attempt to download your first eBook.
- You will use the tablet's browser or the browser built into the OMC app to browse the NHDB collection and checkout a book.
- When checking out eBooks and audiobooks from the library, you will find the titles in the OMC app -- not in the libraries where you find your purchased titles.
I'm sorry to say that I don't have a Nook HD to make a set of instructions. However, take a look at the instructions below on how to install and use the app on an Android device.
Installing and using the OverDrive Media Console Mobile App (Google Play Store)
These instructions for returning and deleting titles on the OMC app generally apply to all versions of the OMC app.
Returning MP3 Audiobooks Early
I have no instructions for the OverDrive READ format on a Nook HD either, but the same instructions for an Android tablet device should generally apply.
OverDrive READ eBooks on a Nexus 7 (Android)