Find instructions for Android devices here! (Updated August 2016)
If you have a tablet or smartphone, the OverDrive READ format is the easiest way to start enjoying eBooks!
- Find a book you'd like to read and tap "Borrow."
- Tap the "Read (in your browser)" button.
- The book loads in another tab of Safari with the tutorial overlay.
- Close the tutorial.
- Tap the center of the screen for menu options.
- Tap "Menu."
- Tap the small icon of the cloud to get to the download option.
- Tap "Download".
- Once it reads "Downloaded" tap the book cover to close the menu.
- Tap the small "share" button at the bottom-center of the screen.
- Tap "Add to Homescreen."
- Tap "Add" to "Add to Home."
- Safari closes and a new "icon" is added to the homescreen.
- Don't be alarmed like I was to see the sign in page. Simply sign in and you'll be brought to your book. You'll only have to sign in the one time.
- You'll always see the tutorial overlay each time you open the title from the homescreen bookmark.