- Plug in your Nook with the USB cable to your computer. You might receive (or have already received) a message about needing to authorize the device with the same Adobe ID as the computer. That's fine.
- Enter Windows Explorer (by right-clicking on the "Start" button in the lower left-hand corner of the screen).
- Wait and watch for the Nook to appear in the list of items under "Computer."
- Click on Nook.
- Delete the entire "Adobe Digital Editions" folder. Note: This is remove all previous library checkouts from your Nook! Please finish any unread titles before deleting this folder.
- Safely eject your Nook. (Right-click on Nook from Windows Explorer and select eject.)
- Unplug your Nook from the computer.
- Close Adobe Digital Editions.
- Re-open Adobe Digital Editions.
- Plug your Nook back into the computer.
- Transfer the eBook to the Nook as usual.
Note that if you had to change your Adobe ID for any reason (perhaps you tried deauthorizing and reauthorizing your computer or device a some point throughout the troubleshooting process), you will not be able to read the same eBook. Once the eBook is associated with one Adobe ID account, it cannot be opened by another account. Your local librarian can return the title back to the collection for you.
I hope these instructions work for you!