The WMA audiobook format is being phased out and eventually all audiobooks will be in the MP3 format. We recommend that you select MP3 format whenever possible to avoid as many compatibility issues as possible.
- Can be downloaded to a Windows or Mac computer and transferred to an audio player, including iPhone/iPads (with the help of iTunes). Hint: Use pages 10-15. Learn more. Abridged transfer instructions
- Can be downloaded directly to an Apple device with the OverDrive app installed. Learn more.
- Can be downloaded directly to an Android device with the OverDrive app installed. Learn more.
WMA audiobooks are slowly being phased out. The vendor is working to convert the current collection to MP3 audiobooks.
- Can only be downloaded to a Windows computer with a Windows Media Player Security Upgrade installed and the OverDrive Media Console program. Learn more.
- Can be transferred to WMA-DRM compatible devices or, with the help of iTunes, to an iPod/iPhone.
Learn how to return audiobooks.
Read more about audiobook formats.
Looking for the "Getting Started with Audiobooks" page?