Audiobook Information (Updated February 2013)
Downloading the OverDrive Media Console Software
- Installing the OverDrive Media Console for Windows
- Performing the Windows Media Player Security Upgrade on a Windows Computer
- There is no need to perform a WMP Security Upgrade on a Mac computer or mobile device.
Finding, Borrowing, & Downloading Audiobooks
- Getting to Know Your OverDrive Account
- Viewing the collection in cover, grid, or list view
- Checked Out v. Available Titles: Spotting the Difference
- Should You Select a WMA or MP3 Audiobook?
- Borrowing & Downloading a WMA or MP3 Audiobook
Transferring Audiobooks from a Computer to a Device
- Transferring a WMA Audiobook from a Windows Computer to an iPod/iPhone/iPad
- Transferring an MP3 Audiobook from a Windows Computer to an iPod/iPhone/iPad
- Transferring an MP3 Audiobook from Mac Computer to an iPod (Coming Soon!)
Downloading an MP3 Audiobook Directly onto a Mobile App
- Installing the OverDrive Media Console Mobile App
- Borrowing, Downloading, and Listening to an MP3 Audiobook on a Mobile Device
- WMA audiobooks cannot be downloaded directly to anything other than a Windows computer.
Returning Audiobooks Early
- Returning MP3 Audiobooks Early from the OverDrive Media Console for Windows
- Returning MP3 Audiobooks Early from the OMC Mobile App
- WMA Audiobooks can never be returned to the collection early.
- The OverDrive Media Console for Mac does not include an early return feature.
If you are a PC user, start with this presentation:
The OverDrive Media Console (OMC) for PCs is used to download WMA and MP3 audiobooks to your PC and transfer to a compatible WMA player (including iPods).
Using the OverDrive Media Console - Includes iPod Transfer
Mac users should start with this presentation:
The OMC is used to download MP3 audiobooks to your Mac and transfer to an iPod or other MP3 audio player.